glitter

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Light

"God spoke: 'Lights! Come out! Shine in Heaven's sky! Separate Day from Night. Mark seasons and days and years.'" -Genesis 1:14 MSG
I cannot even begin to imagine how amazing the begining of Creation must have been. An all powerful being, that we cannot see the image of, but that we see leave finger prints all over the earth; spoke all this into being?! Incredible! Have you seen the images from the Hubble Telescope? Look here http://hubblesite.org/. It just blows my mind! If you have eyes, ears, or a brain you should at least believe that something, someone bigger than ourselves placed us on this earth for a reason. You were born for a reason. You were born to live, to breathe, you have a purpose, you have a destiny. You were born to shine! God had a plan for all of this. God's plans are not ours- I am constantly reminding myself of this. I am reminded of a passage from Rob Bell's book Velvet Elvis (highly recommended!) Bell says " The moment God is figured out with nice neat lines and definitions, we are no longer dealing with God, we are dealing with somebody we made up. And if we made him up, then we are in control." You see- if we try to deal with our own lives and not let God take over- we become our own god, which is scary. Either God is real, or He is not. And I'd rather believe that He is- not out of fear, but because I have seen his love. Shine on! -Sharhaiah
Here is my favorite song about Genesis 1:14. It is by Gungor.

No comments:

Post a Comment